Functional parameters optimization with IK

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Romain LEBERRE

Functional parameters optimization with IK

Post by Romain LEBERRE » Mon May 14, 2012 8:10 am

Hi,
Does anybody knows if it exists an OpenSim plugin that allows an optimization of functional parameters along with IK.
This method was described by Jeff Reinbolt (Determination of patient-specific functional axes through two-level optimization,2005).
I suppose this is a very straightforward way to scale the model, much less error-prone than using marker measurements or even manual scaling.
However, I don't know how time-consuming is this method.
Thank you
Romain

Ayman Habib

Re: Functional parameters optimization with IK

Post by Ayman Habib » Tue May 15, 2012 11:51 am

Hi Romain,

We don't have an implementation of the method described by Jeff Reinbolt yet but we plan to start implementing it this summer so stay tuned. You may want to contact Jeff directly to see if he has started an implementation, or if he has suggestions regarding how to implement the method in OpenSim.

Best regards,
-Ayman

Jack Zhao

Post by Jack Zhao » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:06 pm

Dear Ayman:
Sorry for troubling you. My question is correlated to the quoted text.
Could I check with you that,
Is OpenSim now containing a alternative method from the paper "Determination of patient-specific multi-joint kinematic models through two-level optimization" ?

Thanks & Regards,
Jack
Hong Kong Polytechnic University

aymanh wrote:Hi Romain,

We don't have an implementation of the method described by Jeff Reinbolt yet but we plan to start implementing it this summer so stay tuned. You may want to contact Jeff directly to see if he has started an implementation, or if he has suggestions regarding how to implement the method in OpenSim.

Best regards,
-Ayman

jimmy d

Post by jimmy d » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:12 am

Hi Jack,

OpenSIm does not contain that method. It was hoped that the community would develop this method.

Cheers,
-James