bones not visible in v3.2

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Uwe Mittag

bones not visible in v3.2

Post by Uwe Mittag » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:01 am

Hi,
I installed v3.2 64bit and I am not able to make the bones visible (in all models). Muscles are visible.
I got a complaint during the installation process, that my Visual C++ might be too new. I ignored that, perhaps that is the reason.

best regards
Uwe

Ayman Habib

Re: bones not visible in v3.2

Post by Ayman Habib » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:01 am

Hi Uwe,

Did you have other installations of OpenSim on this same machine, or is this first time? (just trying to isolate if this's OpenSim version specific or machine specific). The other things to try would be the 32-bit version of 3.2 (uses 32-bit version of VTK).
Potential culprits, if version specific, would be:
- OPENSIM_HOME env. variable not set or set incorrectly during install, maybe due to permissions.
- GeometryPath setting in the GUI (you can empty this completely if you don't have custom Geometry) since we use OPENSIM_HOME/Geometry as a fallback if geometry files were not found.

If this's machine specific, I'd suspect graphics driver issue.

Good luck and please let us know what you find out.
-Ayman

Uwe Mittag

Re: bones not visible in v3.2

Post by Uwe Mittag » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:53 am

Thanks Ayman,

I solved the problem already myself. I remembered, that a colleague of mine had similar problems. He showed me the reason: the geometry path in the preferences was wrong with a "Null\Geometry".

best regards
Uwe