Visual3D to openSim 3.2

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Jas K

Visual3D to openSim 3.2

Post by Jas K » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:02 pm

Hello forum,

I am trying to export a force walk file(.c3d) from visual3D using file --> Export --> OpenSim Motion File. It asks for a Visual3d_Scale_ScaleSet.xml . I found this folder from the wiki documents called Visual3dtoOpenSim3.2 which contains the file. For some reason virtual3D stops responding while processing frames. Then it resumes and creates .mot file. I am not sure if the file been converted correctly?
Furthermore, I am able to load the motion file onto OpenSim model. Next step is to scale the model using tools --> Scale model. Again it asks for Visual3d_Scale_ScaleSet.xml. This time nothing happens. The document asks me to run a pipeline in Visual 3D which gives a .txt file and set up the scale set manually. I am not able to run it without loading an actual file.
Does anyone has the same issues? Any help would me much appreciated.

Regards
Jas

jimmy d

Re: Visual3D to openSim 3.2

Post by jimmy d » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:47 pm

Hi Jas,

Sounds like Visual3d is trying to generate the ScaleSet file automatically. I haven't used visual3d for this but perhaps there is an error in your distribution and/or setup structure. I would suggest getting a hold of the visual3d reps and asking for help.

The most common reason for mot files not loading is that the file headers don't match the model coordinate names. I would check the mot file and make sure that all the names are correct. If they are not correct there is probably an error somewhere in your visual3d setup.

Gluck and let us know how it goes,
-James