unrecognized string error when importing SIMM model

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Anthony Ligouri

unrecognized string error when importing SIMM model

Post by Anthony Ligouri » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:15 pm

Hello all,

I am trying to import a simple SIMM model into Opensim, but I keep on getting errors saying the text in the header of my .jnt file is unrecognizable. The jnt file was made on SIMM 7.0a11, and after line 6 which contains "name amputeeWalkingModel", there are other similar strings on lines 8-23 that read:

read_script_file no
write_script_file no
masscenter_visibility off
etc...

when I try to run the import SIMM model tool, I get an error for each of those stings saying:

Unrecognized string "read_script_file" found in joint file
Attempting to recover
Unrecognized string "no" found in joint file
Attempting to recover

etc...until

Too many characters to continue
Function f1 referenced but not defined

Can someone please help

pyara mosam

Re: unrecognized string error when importing SIMM model

Post by pyara mosam » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:36 pm

I keep on getting errors saying the text in the header of my .jnt file is unrecognizable. The jnt file was made on SIMM 7.0a11, and after line 6 which contains "name amputeeWalkingModel", there are other similar strings on lines 8-23 that read:???

Our excellent online Pass4sure ccna certification training programs will lead you comptia 220-801 a+ pdf to success in the We also offer latest and Rasmussen College with 100% success guarantee. Our Sterling College is rare in IT world.
Last edited by pyara mosam on Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ayman Habib

Re: unrecognized string error when importing SIMM model

Post by Ayman Habib » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:41 am

Hi,

The SIMM model importer dates back to SIMM version 4.0, I believe. Since then, SIMM has added many new keywords that are not supported by the importer or OpenSim. Since these keywords mostly do not map to OpenSim objects/abstractions it may be easiest to takeout/comment the sections of SIMM files that were introduced recently and see if the importer can handle the files then.

It would be great if you can try this approach and report to the community so that other users who're using the importer with recent versions of SIMM can benefit as well.

Best regards,
-Ayman