about LogManager

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Jiang Ping

about LogManager

Post by Jiang Ping » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:59 pm

hi,

OpenSim api c++ exe. application will generate a output.txt file.
This is realized by redirect cout to both standard and txt file.
Is it possible to let it not output result to a txt.file or change the output directory of it?
Is there any method in LogManager class to realize it?

thanks in advance,
jiang

Ayman Habib

Re: about LogManager

Post by Ayman Habib » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:43 pm

Hi Jiang,

The names of files for out.log, err.log are hard coded in the constructor of LogManager and they're not exposed, neither is the directory that contains the files (which is the current working directory by default). It would be good to have a feature request/thread to discuss what functionality you'd want in the LogManager to account for it in our development plans for the next major version of the software.

Best regards,
-Ayman

Christopher Dembia

Post by Christopher Dembia » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:29 pm

A good place to have this discussion is here: https://github.com/opensim-org/opensim-core/issues/36

Jiang Ping

Post by Jiang Ping » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:41 am

aymanh wrote:Hi Jiang,

The names of files for out.log, err.log are hard coded in the constructor of LogManager and they're not exposed, neither is the directory that contains the files (which is the current working directory by default). It would be good to have a feature request/thread to discuss what functionality you'd want in the LogManager to account for it in our development plans for the next major version of the software.

Best regards,
-Ayman
Hi Ayman,

Thanks for your reply. I just want opensim not to output the log to a file because I am doing some multiprocess things. I dont hope my child process to output the log to the same file. Now I just delete the redirection to out.log and only remain the standard cout in opensim source file.

I hope opensim could redirect to a user named file.e.g. when user wants to redirect to "userLog.log", adding new redirection to it, copying "out.log" to it and then delete "out.log ".

best regards,
jiang