Static Optimization

Provides an easy to use toolbox, compatible with OpenSim, for the estimation of the human lower extremity muscle and joint dynamics.
Aseel Ghazwan

Static Optimization

Post by Aseel Ghazwan » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:03 am

Hi I’m trying to use static optimization in CEINMS, so i need to use “Hybrid mode” to construct all the muscle excitations. My questions are:
1. Do I need the calibration step?
2. In the Execution configuration file, what is the meaning of
1. <synthMTUs>, does it mean the list of predicted muscles?
2. <adjustMTUs> ?
3. If I don’t have EMGs and I want to predict muscle forces by using static optimization. Even if I used the “hybrid” mode in the Execution configuration file, the <inputDataFile>still asks me (emg.mot) file.
Below is an example of execution setup file, Fig1.

The <inputDataFile> is shown below, which needs excitation file (emg.mot)! so if I don’t have EMGs, how can use the static optimization, Fig 2.

Below is an execution cfg file, Fig 3.

I would greatly appreciated your help.

Thanks,

Aseel

Aseel Ghazwan

Re: Static Optimization

Post by Aseel Ghazwan » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:07 am

Sorry I couldn't upload the figures!

Claudio Pizzolato

Post by Claudio Pizzolato » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:37 pm

Hi Aseel,

sorry for the delay in my reply, but I was away.

1. The calibration step is not mandatory, but it's strongly suggested to tune the musculoskeletal parameter to the subject. However, you can perform the calibration only if you have experimental EMGs,
2,1 - 2.2. synthMTUs is the lost of predicted muscles, while adjustMTUs is the list of muscles with experimental EMG that will be adjusted.
3. Apparently this is a bug that requires the EMG file even when performing static optimisation. This will have to be patched. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards
Claudio

Claudio Pizzolato

Post by Claudio Pizzolato » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:44 pm

Hi Aseel,

with the new release of CEINMS, which you can find in the download section, you don;t need an EMG file anymore. I hope it helps for your project.

Cheers
Claudio