Simulation Problem

Provides a system for patient-specific cardiovascular modeling and simulation.
Patrick Zito

Simulation Problem

Post by Patrick Zito » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:17 am

Hello,

I have create a mesh of the demo data provided on your website following the quick guide. When I try to create a simulation I receive the following error "Please provide an existing presolver". (I have attached an image of the error message as well).

I am using Windows 10 operating system and installed the newest version of simvascular as of 2/13/17.

Any help would be appreciated!

Patrick
Attachments
Simvascular Probem.JPG
Simvascular Probem.JPG (204.45 KiB) Viewed 1103 times

Parastou Eslami

Re: Simulation Problem

Post by Parastou Eslami » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:18 am

Hi I have the same issue, when I go to Create Data Files for Simulation, the same thing pops up. I'm using Windows 10 and the latest version of SV from 04-09-2017. I did install both the svSolver and the main GUI.

Thanks,
Parastou

Hongzhi Lan

Post by Hongzhi Lan » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:38 am

Hi Parastou,

I found there is a bug in the latest version for Windows. We'll release a new version ASAP. When it's available, I'll let you know.

For now, you have to setup the solvers in Preferences for SimVascular Simulation as the attached shows. And you can only run simulation with one process.

SimVascular Development Team
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-04-19 at 10.34.28 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-04-19 at 10.34.28 AM.png (75.75 KiB) Viewed 1011 times

Parastou Eslami

Post by Parastou Eslami » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:10 am

Thank you very much for your response Hongzhi. I will wait for the updated release.

Best,
Parastou

Parastou Eslami

Post by Parastou Eslami » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:59 pm

Another thing that I have noticed in this version is that it doesn't have the "Export Data Files" tab anymore. I found it by right clicking on the simulation and exported the files. However, it gives me an error that the "geombc.dat is missing" therefore there are no bc files exported. Could you please fix this as well?

thank you,
Parastou

Hongzhi Lan

Post by Hongzhi Lan » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:26 pm

geombc.dat is required to run simulation. That's why the error appeared. "Export" just copies the files from simulation job folder. If you want to get bct files, go to [project_folder]/Simulations/[job_folder], all the files are there.

SimVascular Development Team

Parastou Eslami

Post by Parastou Eslami » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:24 am

Hi Hongzhi,

That's where I look but the problem is one step before which is the exportation of bct files. It does not export it because of the error I was mentioning. So when I go to the directory you mentioned, there is no bct files. Maybe this will be fixed when the program is updated. I followed what you suggested and added the pre, post and flow solvers manually but still get this error when I try to export the bct files to look at them in paraview.

Thank you,
Parastou