Forward Dynamics using Joint Moments

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Akhil Bheemreddy

Forward Dynamics using Joint Moments

Post by Akhil Bheemreddy » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:21 pm

Hi everyone,

I am attempting to use the forward dynamics tool in Opensim to calculate the kinematics of a model of a leg being raised with 2 DOF. I was able to calculate the moments at the hip and the knee using the inverse dynamics tool, and I would like to use this information as an input into the forward dynamics tool. However, when I tried to do so, it did not work because the moments file was .sto instead of .xml. Is there a way in which I can use the moments as an input for the forward dynamics tool? If not, is there a way in which I can perform forward dynamics while taking the moment information into account?

Thanks!

Dimitar Stanev

Re: Forward Dynamics using Joint Moments

Post by Dimitar Stanev » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:20 am

Hi,

You need to derive from OpenSim::Force (https://simtk.org/api_docs/opensim/api_ ... Force.html) and implement the logic of assigning moments to the generalizedForces variable in computeForce. Then you add this controller to your model and integrate the system (Forward Dynamics).

Best