Abnormally scaled torso?

Provides an easy-to-use application for visualising imaging data, segmenting images, creating volumetric meshes, and exporting OpenSim and FE models.
Karen Fitzgerald

Abnormally scaled torso?

Post by Karen Fitzgerald » Thu May 03, 2018 12:04 am

Hi,

After I ran the OpenSIM Model Generation Workflow I noticed that my model seems to have an abnormally scaled torso, i.e it looks too small compare to the legs, is this just a limitation of the software as we are not providing marker positions for the torso, the feet are a little small also?
Screen Shot 2018-05-01 at 08.29.15.png
Screen Shot 2018-05-01 at 08.29.15.png (41.94 KiB) Viewed 244 times
Any ideas?

Thanks,

Karen

Bryce Killen

Re: Abnormally scaled torso?

Post by Bryce Killen » Thu May 03, 2018 3:39 pm

Hi Karen,

Where shape models are not present, ie for the torso and foot, the bodies are scaled using something referred to as a global scale factor, which is calculated based on the average of pelvis, femur , tibia and patella scaling. To do this you need to have the scale other bodies selected in gait2392 customization step, see figure. This should fix the abnormal scaling you are seeing. If not we can investigate why the global scale factor is either not being applied or incorrectly calculated. Alternatively you can always scale the bodies using the standard OpenSim tools but this shouldn't be required.

Cheers
simtk.png
simtk.png (19.73 KiB) Viewed 238 times