Recurring Meeting of Cleveland Clinic - Stanford University

Date: December 18, 2013

Time: 4:00 PM EST

Means: Conference Call


  1. Ahmet Erdemir (Cleveland Clinic)
  2. Snehal Chokhandre (Cleveland Clinic)
  3. Craig Bennetts (Cleveland Clinic)
  4. Joy Ku (Stanford University)
  5. Henry Kwong (Stanford University)


  1. Discuss interface development for the compute gateway to Simtk.
  2. Decide action items for next meeting.
  3. Other.

Immediate Action Items:


  1. Discuss interface development for the compute gateway to Simtk.
    • Stanford University team has been focusing on XSEDE requirements for the gateway. They identified an XSEDE contact person and will soon set up a meeting to discuss the requirements, e.g., protocols, for setting up the gateway. If necessary, Cleveland Clinic team can get involved in the XSEDE discussions in the future.
    • Other computing options are also being considered such as Amazon Elastic Computing or Open Science Grid.
    • Craig put additional information for the administration and retrieval interfaces. For administration, an interface similar to the user interface can be created with more options available only to the administrators, which will allow addinh links to locations in repository where associated files are stored.
    • A mock version of the user interface will be worked on by the Stanford team. The Cleveland Clinic team can work on the usability testing of this mock site. Example files can be used for the mock version. For now, prototyping of the user interface can be done on a local server.
  2. Decide action items for next meeting.
    • See Immediate Action Items.
  3. Other.
    • Bugs on the Simtk task manager were discussed. Some task pages appear blank. Stanford University team will address the issues in the coming weeks.
    • Initiatives for more social networking features and avenues in Simtk will also benefit Open Knee(s). Currently, some Open Knee(s) specifications pages at wiki, e.g., specimen specifications, ask for public involvement. However, these pages are not very visible and and promoting such activities through social networking may be necessary. A more generalized platform for user discussions and community involvement may need to be implemented.

RecurringMeetings/2013-12-18 (last edited 2016-05-04 22:09:48 by localhost)