Recurring Meeting of Cleveland Clinic Core Team

Date: December 9, 2014

Time: 10:30 AM EST

Means: In person meeting


  1. Ahmet Erdemir
  2. Craig Bennetts
  3. Snehal Chokhandre
  4. Robb Colbrunn
  5. Tara Bonner


  1. Discuss immediate action items from the last meeting.
  2. Discuss oks003 testing/data.
  3. Decide immediate action items for the next meeting.
  4. Other.

Immediate Action Items:


  1. Discuss immediate action items from the last meeting.
    • Robb and Tara need to organize SimVitro code repository to report versions. Currently, the SimVitro installation on the robotics testing system have Open Knee(s) related customization that is not committed to SimVitro source code repository. This issue will be handled either by branching of the code or by collating Open Knee(s) related changes as a customization folder.

    • Robb still needs to talk to facilities about alarms and contingency plans against freezer failure.
    • Gravity compensation for the left knees has been implemented, albeit in a crude way. Additional work will be necessary to clean up.
    • Snehal talked to Andrew (Derwin Laboratory); there are no drawings for the tissue thickness testing equipment.
    • Any oks003 testing related action items were completed before oks003 testing.
  2. Discuss oks003 testing/data.
    • Testing was completed seamlessly. Tissue dissection, in particular that of cartilage had to be moved to the following day due to delay in patellofemoral joint testing and as a result of not being able to schedule a physician. This pace seemed to be reasonable.
    • Various secondary tissues were dissected. Currently, a labeling convention for such tissues do not exist. Snehal will work on this issue.
    • Ahmet received images from Chris Flask (University Hospitals). Craig will evaluate these.
    • Robb needs to conduct post-calibration on the pressure sensor used for oks003.
    • All are reminded to put any photos in laboratory cameras and personal devices to appropriate specimen folders including that of oks003.
  3. Decide immediate action items for the next meeting.
    • See Immediate Action Items above.
  4. Other.
    • Ahmet received the new registration markers. These need to be tested to ensure they are visible in MRI. In addition, the team needs to determine alignment errors when centers of these markers are determined from MRI and from Optotrak probing. Snehal will setup an appointment with Shannon Donnola (University Hospitals) for evaluation of these markers in MRI. General purpose 3D isotropic imaging sequence will be used. Multiple markers can be attached on a bone analog foam block and potential registration errors can be assessed by Optotrak probing.
    • Any laboratory supplies should be ordered, e.g. dental resin. Snehal will also order additional knee specimens. She will schedule MRI at the University Hospitals for the next 4 months.

RecurringMeetings/2014-12-09 (last edited 2016-05-04 22:09:52 by localhost)