Recurring Meeting of Cleveland Clinic Core Team

Date: May 26, 2015

Time: 10:30 AM EST

Means: In person meeting


  1. Ahmet Erdemir
  2. Snehal Chokhandre
  3. Omar Gad
  4. Robb Colbrunn
  5. Tara Bonner


  1. Discuss immediate action items from the last meeting.
  2. Discuss testing plan for June 1-5.
  3. Decide immediate action items for the next meeting.
  4. Other.

Immediate Action Items:

Ongoing Action Items:


  1. Discuss immediate action items from the last meeting.
    • Craig has been on vacation; no update on documentation of convergence analysis results. Ahmet and Craig met previously to draft an outline of presentation on anatomical imaging for SB3C 2015.
    • Snehal and Robb worked with the Mach-1 system to come up with control parameters suitable for different velocity settings. Some inconsistencies were noted. Nonetheless, Snehal developed a matrix of tuning parameters to be used. Snehal will expand upon this for different tissue types. Alternative tissue testing strategy is on hold for the moment as tuning of control parameters may facilitate the tissue testing to continue as planned.
    • Tara started working on the poster on tibiofemoral joint experimentation for SB3C 2015. She is using Inkscape. The poster should include logos of Open Knee(s) and core service facilities involved in experimentation and analysis.
    • Patellofemoral joint contact pressures were converted to ASCII format. Ahmet noted that one of the summer interns will work on processing these using Python.
  2. Discuss testing plan for June 1-5.
    • The wiki page for the specimen, oks008, needs to be created; Snehal or Ahmet can do this.
    • Imaging is scheduled for June 3, 2015 @ 10 AM.
    • Snehal will take knee out at 9:00 AM on Monday (June 1, 2015)
    • Specimen preparation will start at 9:00 AM on Tuesday led by Tara (June 2, 2015)
    • The team will meet at 8:30 AM on Wednesday for imaging preparation led by Craig (June 3, 2015)
    • The specimen will be aimed to be ready for tibiofemoral joint testing (led by Tara) at 1:00 PM on Wednesday (June 3, 2015)
    • Robb will not be available on Thursday. Ahmet and Tara will meet, early morning on Thursday (7:00 AM) to start patellofemoral joint testing (June 4, 2014). Ahmet and Robb will prepare the sensor and conduct pre-testing calibration on Wednesday morning when others are at imaging (10:00 AM, June 3, 2015)
  3. Decide immediate action items for the next meeting.
    • See Immediate Action Items above.
  4. Other.
    • Omar, a student from University of Toledo, has started a summer internship with the group. He will be working on Python scripts for automation of reading and post-processing of tibiofemoral joint testing data. He will also analyze Open Knee(s) specimen data to assess the reproducibility of tibiofemoral joint testing.
    • Ahmet met with the Advisory Board; phone call with Trent Guess; Skype with Rami Korhonen, a group meeting with Craig Bennetts, Snehal Chokhandre, Yasin Dhaher, Jack Andrish, Morgan Jones; a face-to-face meeting with Paul Saluan. Members of the Advisory Board were content with the progress of the project and its direction. Ahmet will complete the progress report and meeting minutes in upcoming weeks. Ahmet's ongoing projects has been stagnant. He will focus on these along with the start of summer interns.

RecurringMeetings/2015-05-26 (last edited 2016-05-04 22:09:52 by localhost)