Recurring Meeting of Cleveland Clinic Core Team

Date: June 16 2015

Time: 10:30 AM EST

Means: In person meeting


  1. Snehal Chokhandre
  2. Omar Gad
  3. Connor Lough
  4. Diana Suciu
  5. Robb Colbrunn
  6. Tara Bonner
  7. Raghav Malik


  1. Discuss immediate action items from the last meeting.
  2. Discuss progress of summer internship projects.
  3. Decide immediate action items for the next meeting.
  4. Other.

Immediate Action Items:

Ongoing Action Items:


  1. Discuss immediate action items from the last meeting.
    • Ahmet, Craig and Robb are at Summer Biomechanics, Bioengineering and Biotransport Conference in Utah and will work on their action items after returning from the meeting.
    • Snehal has been testing the Mach1 tissue testing system extensively and has found issues with the PID tuning software. She will collect some more repeatability data for the tuning software and send an email to Biomomtum Inc detailing the issues. Based on the tests she has performed, it appears that a 20%/s strain rate is a fall back if a higher strain rate (preferably 100%/s) is not feasible for all varying tissue sizes.
    • Snehal also updated the dissection and tissue harvesting information for oks008.
    • Tara will update the joint data plots on okd008.
    • Connor Updated registration related scripts to transform coordinates on spheres to local bone Optotrak marker coordinate systems. He needs an STL library installed in order to write a script to read STL files representing surfaces of registration markers. Snehal will put a request for the updates.
    • Diana has been working on a script to implement calculation for calibration, averaging, peak pressure, contact area, contact force for the analysis of patellofemoral contact pressures.
    • Omar is working on scripts to finalize extraction of time windows of interest in tibiofemoral joint kinematics/kinetics data (pick relevant time points, extract and plot the data). He needs data to test scripts for analysis of reproducibility data (anterior-posterior laxity) collected during tibiofemoral joint testing. Snehal will provide sample data.
    • Raghav has been working on optical thickness measurement script. The script can read a csv file with a list of image files and output dimensions in a csv file (using a GUI). The script looks at differences in color, and for for a significant difference the upper and lower bound of cartilage and picked (3 measurements are used for averaging thickness). Snehal requested to add manual picking of regions as well or plot the picked region over the selected image to ensure right height/ thickness is picked by the software and adjust it if needed.
  2. Discuss progress of summer internship projects.
    • See details in item 1 above.
    • Snehal recommended that Omar, Diana and Connor start learning Slicer 3D this week. A good test would be to pick a set (e.g oks001, general purpose imaging) and independently segment femur. This will serve as a good demonstration of variability in geometry generation.
    • Snehal will provide all students with a set of relevant sample data to further test their python scripts.
    • As per Ahmet's suggestion, the students will also test each other's scripts.
  3. Decide immediate action items for the next meeting.
    • See immediate action items above.
  4. Other.
    • Robb requested that in the next testing, we keep the pot on femur attached while dissecting the specimen as the BioRobotics Core needs some whole femur samples to test stiffness of the robot.

RecurringMeetings/2015-06-16 (last edited 2016-05-04 22:09:51 by localhost)