Recurring Meeting of Cleveland Clinic Core Team

Date: August 4, 2015

Time: 10:30 AM EST

Means: In person meeting


  1. Ahmet Erdemir
  2. Craig Bennetts
  3. Robb Colbrunn
  4. Tara Bonner
  5. Omar Gad
  6. Raghav Malik


  1. Discuss immediate action items from the last meeting.
  2. Recap of July 2015 work.
  3. Decide immediate action items for the next meeting.
  4. Other.

Immediate Action Items:

Ongoing Action Items:


  1. Discuss immediate action items from the last meeting.
    • Craig discussed IA-FEMesh. He learned the 3D butterfly technique. He tried 3D regular block on femur. For meshing, Craig converted the Open Knee(s) - Generation 1 geometries to STL surfaces. He will commit these to the source code repository.
    • Craig also discussed processing of kinematics from quaternion representation to Grood-Suntay convention. Robb sent Craig documentation for Grood-Suntay anatomical motion decomposition.
    • Raghav worked with Snehal. He explored different lighting and backgrounds for optical measurement of tissue thickness. A blue background worked, where as a red one didn't. Anticipated error with lighting was 4%; without, it was 10%. Ahmet asked Raghav to determine the precision of optical tissue thickness measurement, i.e., quantifying the repeatability of the measurements. Robb will send him gauge repeatability & reproducibility (R&R) for contact based thickness measurement system as a reference.

    • Omar has been working on a poster and a presentation for NSF REU program. He also worked on oks001 segmentation and provided related information for segmentation on the wiki. He will work on lateral cartilage of oks001 in the upcoming week.
    • Both Raghav and Omar expressed interest to continue working on Open Knee(s) after they leave.
    • Diana and Connor gave final presentations of their work last week. The past week was their final week of their summer internship.
    • Ahmet decided to prioritize the ongoing action items on dissemination of joint mechanics testing data and preparation of flowcharts for pre-processing. These will move to immediate action items list.
    • Data manuscripts were discussed. The team may need to appropriately select journals that may be more receptive to submissions of data descriptions.
    • Ahmet and Craig will need start incorporating springs modeled by the students to the main Open Knee(s) - Generation 1 branch. This will be an ongoing action item. This activity will require identification of different sets of springs in the model, e.g. by XML attribute or label, to facilitate scripting.
  2. Recap of July 2015 work.
    • July 2015 work was discussed as part of the action items, see above. In the next meeting, Snehal will provide an update of any outstanding items from her work.
  3. Decide immediate action items for the next meeting.
    • See Immediate Action Items above.
  4. Other.
    • None.

RecurringMeetings/2015-08-04 (last edited 2016-05-04 22:09:52 by localhost)