Recurring Meeting of Cleveland Clinic - Stanford University
Date: August 27, 2015
Time: 1:00 PM EST
Means: Conference Call
- Ahmet Erdemir (Cleveland Clinic)
- Joy Ku (Stanford University)
This was a free form meeting to discuss overall progress of collaboration and computing infrastructure. There was no set agenda.
Immediate Action Items:
- Touch base following launching of the new release of Simtk.org.
- Joy informed Ahmet about the latest Simtk.org migration schedule. Beta release will be in the next two weeks and full release is expected to happen by the end of September 2015.
- Following Simtk.org upgrade, an enhanced version of cloud computing will be released and implemented on the new Simtk.org. In following upgrades and additional features will be provided to the cloud computing feature. This workflow will permit usability testing of computing architecture on the new Simtk.org site.
- Ahmet briefly updated Joy on other aspects of the Open Knee(s) project, including experimentation, modeling, and data dissemination.
In regard to another project, yet may also be useful for Open Knee(s), Ahmet and Joy discussed implementation of a data management system and databases to Simtk.org. Midas platform was along with new products from Kitware such as Tangelo, Girder, etc. were mentioned as potential platforms. Ahmet uses Midas for in-house data management and he noted that it has been used by I-DASH, another NIH center for biomedical computing. Joy noted Galaxy as a framework to allow implementation of computing workflows. Dryad was discussed as an example data sharing site. They provide DOI through DataCite. Such a feature in Simtk.org will be useful for longevity of dissemination. Cost may be an issue.
- Ahmet described a potential strategy to associated raw data, derivative data, and model components, and models indicating their sequential and hierarchical relationships. This can be exploited to provide all information in a coherent and seachable manner.
- Joy and Ahmet decided to touchbase in another month in concert with the release of new Simtk.org.