Recurring Meeting of Cleveland Clinic Core Team

Date: February 23, 2016

Time: 10:30 AM EST

Means: In person meeting


  1. Ahmet Erdemir
  2. Craig Bennetts
  3. Snehal Chokhandre
  4. Robb Colbrunn
  5. Tara Bonner


  1. Discuss immediate action items from the last meeting.
  2. Discuss and plan oks0010 testing.
  3. Decide immediate action items for the next meeting.
  4. Other.

Immediate Action Items:

Ongoing Action Items:



  1. Discuss immediate action items from the last meeting.
    • Ahmet conducted volume smoothing on the raw segmentation of oks001 MCL and committed this version to the repository. He needs to correct a few regions of the segmentation to complete it.
    • Anatomical image sets were provided to Carl Winalski for grading. Craig will follow up to incorporate the results to the imaging manuscript.
    • For geometry generation, Craig has not documented resampling of surfaces yet. He has tried resampling of femoral cartilage surface at different densities. He will need to do this for other tissues and document tissue-specific geometry generation procedures with recommended settings for various steps.
    • Craig continued working on pressure analysis script to incorporate corrections noted in the past week's meeting. He also implemented an XML style output file and showed a sample image. Robb and Ahmet recommended to illustrate physical sensor dimensions (rather than sensels) in the image. Ahmet also asked for the possibility to remove black background and to report peak pressure, contact force and area on the image as well.
    • Snehal updated output of tissue thickness measurement system. She presented thickness measurements from the same samples with different tools: contact based measurement system and optical measurement system. For each sample she utilized 5 measurement points and providing the mean and standard deviation. Tissue samples seem non-uniform. Yet, the measurements by the contact based and optical systems seem to agree. Some discrepancies were noted. Snehal will further explore these. Her measurements were documented in the tissue testing evaluation page.
    • Snehal has been incorporating quantitative information for conclusions of tissue testing evaluation. Ahmet provided a few examples to help her.
    • Jason did not participate to the meeting.
    • Robb will be working with Craig to incorporate pressure analysis into the patellofemoral joint testing manuscript.
    • Tara showed plots of passive flexion data for all specimens. The team had a long discussion by also comparing results against manuscripts from literature. There seems to be unexpected off-axis movements, e.g. large deviations between specimen-specific internal/external rotations. While these maybe attributed to the use of digitized (and not optimized) anatomical coordinate system, Ahmet raised the issue that off-axis loads may not be minimized adequately to appropriately call these tests as "passive flexion" tests. Tara will report off-axis loading during passive flexion tests.
  2. Discuss and plan oks0010 testing.
    • A young female specimen was recently acquired. Snehal has been exploring potential scheduling for testing. It seems like April may be a feasible time for testing due to travel schedules and imaging facility workload.
  3. Decide immediate action items for the next meeting.
    • See Immediate Action Items above.
  4. Other.
    • None noted.

RecurringMeetings/2016-02-23 (last edited 2016-05-04 22:09:49 by localhost)