Recurring Meeting of Cleveland Clinic - Stanford University
Date: August 25, 2016
Time: 2:00 PM EST
Means: Conference call
- Ahmet Erdemir (Cleveland Clinic)
- Joy Ku (Stanford University)
- Henry Kwong (Stanford University)
This was a free form meeting to discuss the finalized version of cloud computing interface for public launch.
Immediate Action Items:
- Cleveland Clinic (Ahmet)
- Provide an Open Knee(s) model for public launch of cloud computing.
Stanford University (Joy & Henry)
- Launch cloud computing for Open Knee(s).
Henry demonstrated the final version of the cloud computing interface as it fits to the interface of the upgraded SimTk.org. Computing with specific models will be accessible through a "Simulation" link in the top menu bar of the project. The interface provides options as planned, i.e., selection of model, text box for update of model, simulation software, and computing platform. In addition a description section is provided. Once the job is submitted, licensing information displays to confirm user agreement. Simulation results include the name of the template model, summary results (kept permanently) and raw results (kept temporarily, for now two weeks). Users can see all their simulation history and results.
- Joy followed up with her previous e-mail to Ahmet and asked him to provide a model for Open Knee(s) including description, required FEBio version, and licensing information. Ahmet will try to get these to her by September 5, 2016. Joy and Henry asked about summary results, which was a scalar output for the test problem. Ahmet noted that for models relevant to Open Knee(s), there will most likely be a file including post-process results.
- In response to Ahmet's question, Joy and Henry confirmed that implementation of a new model will require the project administrator work with them to generate a package for launch.
- Ahmet provided additional input for the simulation interface. He recommended simulation results from all users of a model to be available to the project administrator of that model. This would help the project administrator to understand the use of the disseminated model and may be utilize the results for sensitivity analysis.
- The launch of cloud computing for Open Knee(s) models is anticipated to happen in following weeks. It will be a good opportunity to get feedback from the community.