Cleveland Clinic - Stanford University - University of Utah Meeting
Date: December 7, 2016
Time: 2:00 PM EST
Means: Conference call
- Ahmet Erdemir (Cleveland Clinic)
- Joy Ku (Stanford University)
- Henry Kwong (Stanford University)
- Jeff Weiss (University of Utah)
- Wendy Johnson (University of Utah)
The conference call is scheduled to continue discussions on streamlining user experience for cloud computing of specific models, which will be delivered through SimTk and utilizing FEBio. Ideally, the user should have access to cloud computing feature of a specific model (e.g. Open Knee) using single login for usability purposes. For collection of usage data and tracking user statistics, it is desirable to have the user establish registration both at the SimTk site and to the FEBio site.
Immediate Action Items:
- Stanford University
- Deploy cloud computing with Open Knee(s) sample model.
- Provide cloud computing usage information (number of users, number of simulations per user) to University of Utah on a regular basis.
The meeting was short. Jeff recommended to launch cloud computing as is, without user data exchange between SimTk and FEBio sites. He came to this conclusion assuming that the user base will not be large and this strategy will allow the team to understand interest level. He asked for the possibility for Stanford University group to provide monthly usage information, i.e. number of users and number of simulations per user. Henry and Joy mentioned that this straightforward to do.
- Both Joy and Wendy indicated that single login, e.g. with a Google account, may not work. Wendy also mentioned that exploring other options may require time and resources.