Weekly Update in lieu of Recurring Meeting of Cleveland Clinic Core Team
Date: August 15, 2017
Provided by: Snehal Chokhandre
Ongoing Action Items:
- Review drafts of data manuscripts for submission.
- Complete studies for tissue testing reproducibility.
- Continue tissue testing of Open Knee(s) specimens.
- Continue segmentation of Open Knee(s) specimens.
- Tissue testing.
Snehal conducted a week long repeatability test set for unconfined compression of meniscus. She used a 5 mm by 5 mm rectangular sample prepared manually. The error in maximum load experienced for the first three tests was <9%. Loads recorded for test 4 were significantly higher. Test 5 was peculiar in the sense that the load for 5% strain was higher than 10% strain. Snehal will test more samples in the coming weeks before any conclusions are derived.
- Snehal also started testing a meniscus tensile sample for multi-day repeatability but the sample failed on test 2. This set will be repeated.
- Snehal has requested the prototype lab to cut a 3 mm thick rectangular filter for meniscus confined compression.
- Snehal and Ahmet discussed the progress so far and have decided that Snehal will write a detailed report on cartilage mechanical test including an extensive literature review by September 5, 2017 and any decisions on how to proceed with the tissue testing will be made based on that.
- Data manuscripts.
- No progress.
- Snehal completed the segmentation for bones for oks008 and is finishing up oks009. The goal is to complete segmentation for all bones by September 5, 2017.
- None noted.