Weekly Update in lieu of Recurring Meeting of Cleveland Clinic Core Team
Date: Oct 9th, 2017
Provided by: Snehal Chokhandre
Ongoing Action Items:
- Review drafts of data manuscripts for submission.
- Complete studies for tissue testing reproducibility.
- Continue tissue testing of Open Knee(s) specimens.
- Continue segmentation of Open Knee(s) specimens.
- Tissue testing.
- Snehal prepared an outline for proposed cartilage mechanical testing manuscript. It is uploaded in the repository.
- From previous cartilage test set it was concluded that 3 unconfined compression (uc) and 3 confined compression (cc) tests can be conducted over 3 days with good repeatability.
- For that set unconfined compression tests were performed first and 2 hours later confined compression tests were performed. Ahmet asked Snehal to test whether the repeatability be affected for confined compression tests if rested for longer.
- Snehal conducted a set of tests this week starting with an uc first followed by cc test two hours later and next day starting with cc first followed by uc and on third day cc test only. The uc repeatability does not seem to get affected if the rest time is a day or couple of hours.
- For cc tests the first test showed lower forces than uc, which indicated that the sample was perhaps not flush to the bottom of the chamber.
- The next two cc tests have good repeatability but the rest time was longer for those two tests. From last week's cc set with 2 hour rest time (after uc tests) and this week's cc set with extended rest time indicates that the sample recovers substantially during the two hour rest period.
- This can further be confirmed by conducting a 2 day test set just for cc with both 2 hour rest between tests on the same and extended rest between days conducted on multiple days.
- Data manuscripts.
- No progress.
- Snehal completed the segmentation for bones for oks009 and is finishing up oks004 and oks003.
- None noted.