Biweekly Meeting of Cleveland Clinic Core Team
Date: May 8, 2018
Time: 12:00 PM EST
Means: In person meeting
- Ahmet Erdemir
- Snehal Chokhandre
- Erica Neumann
- Ariel Schwartz
- Discuss Open Knee(s) progress.
- Discuss Knee Hub progress.
- Open Knee(s)
- Snehal sent MRI data manuscript to the co-authors. So far she has received remarks from Craig and Ceylan.
- ASB 2018 abstract was accepted.
- A static copy of the MRI data to be submitted with the manuscript will be uploaded once the folder name is changed on the simtk archive.
- All the cartilage testing data is uploaded on Midas. May need some more planning to disseminate it on wiki (break up location wise etc.).
- Snehal is gathering literature for cartilage manuscript.
- Snehal attmpted to run Ben's script to mesh and assemble models. On linux, Preview and Postview don't run, Febio runs files as is, however on Windows everything runs except the .feb file has to be opened in preview and saved as one single file with node definitions etc to be able to run on Febio (a separate .feb file is generated by the scripts to store nodal definitions etc).
- Cartilage data analysis is in progress. To find reliable zero force location, several options will be tested (simple diff, binning data points, fitting data). Force will have to be normalized as well (find location of zero force / close to zero, subtract the force value at data point 1 from force array, that way force starts at zero).
- Snehal and Ariel will work on the specifications. So far specifications are clear upto building template models (MedtoFEB.py).
- Natural knee mri eval : for ptl and qat, the folds will be ignored and just insertion and origin and thickness will be used to segment (may apply negative in situ strain to compensate for length change).
- Further specifications needed: material models used for all tissues with justifications, application of in situ strain, coordinate system using connector elements .
- Only one mesh density will be picked for phase one. Mesh convergence and multiple template models will be part of calibration phase.
- Note: Once template model is built, need to make sure to check contact and tie definitions.