Biweekly Meeting of Cleveland Clinic Core Team
Date: January 08, 2019
Time: 2:00 PM EST
Means: In person meeting
- Ahmet Erdemir
- Snehal Chokhandre
- Erica Neumann
- Ariel Schwartz
- Discuss Open Knee(s) progress.
- Discuss Knee Hub progress.
- Open Knee(s)
- Rici and Ahmet completed data quality check for the joint testing data.
- Snehal discussed all figures and result tables with Ahmet for the cartilage mechanical characterization manuscript. She has reran results to accommodate all recommendations. The manuscript will be ready for Ahmet to review soon.
- She will also start working on the MRI and joint testing data manuscript (including the pressure data).
- The team discussed the overall data dissemination strategy. Worst case scenario is the data will be disseminated both in raw and simplified form on the data dissemination page if the searchable data dissemination platform being build by the Stanford team is not available in time.
- Snehal will also start working on model development as the goal is to complete all the model assembly and basic runs before the grant end period (May 2019).
- All the relevant Wiki specifications pages will be updated for model development.
- Knee Hub
- Ariel has built both the oks003 and natural knee models and has been aggressively testing them. She has documented all the protocol deviations in detail. Ahmet suggested removing first the menisci and then the patella extensor mechanism to see whether that would help with convergence. Removing all contacts may also be tested. Ahmet also suggested using quadratic elements instead of linear. Ariel will try all the recommendations.
- Ahmet is planning to submit another grant application to extend the Open knee(s) work using the current development. The idea will be to build models for the eight Open Knee(s) models for various platforms and of different fidelities (model detail). The joint testing data will be used to enhance / validate the models.