Biweekly Meeting of Cleveland Clinic Core Team
Date: January 22, 2019
Time: 2:00 PM EST
Means: In person meeting
- Ahmet Erdemir
- Snehal Chokhandre
- Erica Neumann
- Ariel Schwartz
- Benjamin Landis
- Discuss Open Knee(s) progress.
- Discuss Knee Hub progress.
- Open Knee(s)
- Data dissemination strategies were discussed. Currently, MRI and joint mechanical testing data is disseminated on the Downloads page. Joint data is in its raw form and may not be easy to understand or navigate for a new user. Simplified / extracted data will be also be disseminated. However, how it will be disseminated in not clear yet. If the searchable data dissemination platform being developed by Stanford group becomes available then all the raw data and the derivatives will be disseminated on the platform otherwise static copies of the data to be submitted with the manuscripts will be uploaded to simtk archives. This includes tissue mechanical testing data for oks003 cartilage.
- Snehal completed a draft of cartilage mechanical characterization manuscript. Ahmet will review it in the coming weeks.
- Snehal will also convert all the dicom files for additional knee specimens (currently data obtained for other study, using same MRI protocols as OKS) to .nii files and upload to Midas. She will also create additional specimen pages.
- Snehal has started working on the data paper. She will review the current texts from separate manuscript drafts written for MRI, tibiofemoral and patellofemoral joint testing data and decide whether combining them in one complete manuscript is possible to accommodate all the necessary information.
- Knee Hub
- Ariel has been actively working on getting the knee models to converge. She ran natural knee model without meniscus and patella extensor mechanism and it is throwing errors. Ahmet asked Ben to take a look at the model and try to run it on his computer. Ariel also ran oks003 full model and it ran to 49%. But the patella seems to be lifting. Ahmet suggested adding spherical joint between slider joint and quadriceps tendon. He also suggested changing spring stiffness for MPFL.
- Ariel also made changes to prestrain definition as suggested by Steve and ran individual ligaments to approximate 10% strain. ACL and PCL ran but MCL and LCL simulations are not converging. Even with simplified geometry for MCL, the issue appears to not resolve. Ahmet suggested converting elements to quadratic and changing material properties.
- None noted.