[OpenSim 3.3] .vtp-files missing in models.zip?

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Lucas Wolf

[OpenSim 3.3] .vtp-files missing in models.zip?

Post by Lucas Wolf » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:11 am

Hi all,

I recently compiled OpenSIm 3.3 with Simbody 3.5.4 on Linux. Since there are no models included with the source code (apart from the APIExamples), I also downloaded the OpenSim 3.3 models distribution from https://simtk.org/frs/?group_id=91 .

However, when I try to load any of the models with Model osmModel("<filename.osim>"), I get a wall of error messages saying that several .vtp files are missing. I couldn't locate these files in any of the folders I downloaded, so I assume they are indeed missing.

Is there a way to get these .vtp-files? If so, from where?

Thanks!

Lucas

Nicos Haralabidis

Re: [OpenSim 3.3] .vtp-files missing in models.zip?

Post by Nicos Haralabidis » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:24 am

Hi Lucas,

I am currently using OpenSim 3.3 for windows so I am not sure whether my information will be of any relevance but anyhow!

The .vtp files for my installation are located within the following folder path:
C:\OpenSim 3.3\Geometry

I hope this information is of some assistance!

Kind regards,

Nicos Haralabidis

Mritula Chandrasekaran

Post by Mritula Chandrasekaran » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:35 am

Hi,
I have the vtp files in the same directory (C:\OpenSim 4.0\Geometry) but still it shows Cannot find .vtp files. What to do?

Thanks,
Mritula

jimmy d

Post by jimmy d » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:54 pm

The .vtp files that are specified in the model may not be in the Geometry file. So you can change the name of the geometry in the model file to something that exists, or add Geometry (.vtp files) to the folder.