UpperLower Body Model

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Nate Roiger

UpperLower Body Model

Post by Nate Roiger » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:39 pm

Has anyone ported the UpperLower Body Model (https://simtk.org/projects/ulb_project) to OpenSim 4.3?

I'm getting an import error saying it should be saved with 3.3; but I can't find the 3.3 release anywhere. If anyone has 3.3 installed, could you try to update it?

Code: Select all

Model file C:\Users\Tweak\Documents\OpenSim\4.3\Models\ULB_Project\UpperLowerBody.osim is using unsupported file format. Please open model and save it in OpenSim version 3.3 to upgrade.
	Thrown at Model.cpp:109 in Model().

Carmichael Ong

Re: UpperLower Body Model

Post by Carmichael Ong » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:51 pm

Previous versions of OpenSim can be found on the download page: https://simtk.org/frs/?group_id=91

Click the "Previous Releases" dropdown under the first section to see them all.

Nate Roiger

Post by Nate Roiger » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:37 pm

Thanks - not sure how I missed that download section. With 3.3 installed I can convert the current UpperLower Body Model; but 4.3 complains when importing. I've attached the updated model
UpperLowerBodySimple.zip
(31.75 KiB) Downloaded 41 times

The following Warnings/Errors were encountered while loading the model:

Model 'UpperLowerBodySimpleModel' has inconsistencies:
Coordinate 'deviation' was labeled as 'Rotational' but was found to be 'Coupled' based on the joint definition.
Coordinate 'flexion' was labeled as 'Rotational' but was found to be 'Coupled' based on the joint definition.
Coordinate 'deviation_l' was labeled as 'Rotational' but was found to be 'Coupled' based on the joint definition.
Coordinate 'flexion_l' was labeled as 'Rotational' but was found to be 'Coupled' based on the joint definition.
You must update any motion files you generated in versions prior to 4.0. You can:
  (1) Run the updatePre40KinematicsFilesFor40MotionType() utility (in the scripting shell) OR
  (2) Re-run the Inverse Kinematics Tool with the updated model in 4.0.
In versions prior to 4.0, we allowed some Coupled coordinates to be incorrectly
labeled as Rotational. This leads to incorrect motion when playing back a pre-4.0
motion file (.mot or .sto in degrees) and incorrect inverse dynamics and
static optimization results.
For (1) I'm getting python import errors when importing opensim

>>> import opensim
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "D:\OpenSim 4.3\sdk\Python\opensim\__init__.py", line 6, in <module>
    from .simbody import *
  File "D:\OpenSim 4.3\sdk\Python\opensim\simbody.py", line 13, in <module>
    from . import _simbody
ImportError: DLL load failed while importing _simbody: The specified module could not be found.
And for (2) I dont see how the Inverse Kinematics Tool applies - the model has no markers. Is that OK? What IK Tool Settings XML file should be used.

Deepak Singh

Post by Deepak Singh » Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:53 pm

I am facing the same issue