Batch OpenSim Processing Scripts BOPS in OpenSim 4.x

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Milosz Lukaszewicz

Batch OpenSim Processing Scripts BOPS in OpenSim 4.x

Post by Milosz Lukaszewicz » Fri May 12, 2023 9:02 am

Hi. I wanted to use BOPS https://simtk.org/projects/bops for running Inverse Kinematics and plot the results against % of gait cycle. However the script was developed for OpenSim 3.3 and there are some compatibility issues with 4.x versions.
This is the error I get:

Code: Select all

Incorrect number or types of inputs or outputs for function 'getCoordinateSet'.

Error in getJointDofs (line 29)
coordinateSet = osimJoint.getCoordinateSet();

Error in getDofsFromModel (line 41)
    jointDofs  = getJointDofs(joint);

Error in settingIKplot (line 41)
    dofs=getDofsFromModel(model_file);

Error in plotResults (line 33)
                [resultsToPlot,xlabel]=settingIKplot(model_file);

Error in BOPSgui>RunButton_Callback (line 338)
    [coordinates,Xaxislabel]=plotResults('IK', IKoutputDir, IKtrialsOutputDir, model_file, IKprocessedTrials, IKmotFilename);

Error in gui_mainfcn (line 95)
        feval(varargin{:});

Error in BOPSgui (line 72)
    gui_mainfcn(gui_State, varargin{:});

Error in matlab.graphics.internal.figfile.FigFile/read>@(hObject,eventdata)BOPSgui('RunButton_Callback',hObject,eventdata,guidata(hObject))

Error while evaluating UIControl Callback.
I know absolutely nothing about programming so I have no idea how to fix this. Is there a way to make it work or is the core of the code inherently incompatible with the new opensim API?
I have also contacted the developer of this code, but it was abandoned before updating to the OpenSim 4.x.
This script seems very useful so I am surprised that no one has tried to resolve this on the forum.
I would appreciate any help or information.

Kind regards

Tags: