Issue with the CMC tool

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Hugo Nistal González

Issue with the CMC tool

Post by Hugo Nistal González » Thu May 12, 2016 3:29 am

Hi,

I am trying to run the CMC tool using the MoBL-ARM model, the one of the upper extremity. When I run the CMC tool, after a few moments, it fails and a window appears which says "Total execution failed or canceled by user. Output files were not written". I attach a screenshot of the message window of OpenSim that says something about the error.
How can I solve the problem? What should I change in order to be able to run it without this problem?

I also attach the files I am using to run the CMC tool: the desired kinematics, the tasks, control constraints and the model files as a .zip

Thank you,
cheers
Attachments
CMC_Files.zip
(168.05 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
Captura de pantalla 2016-05-12 a las 12.10.03.png
Captura de pantalla 2016-05-12 a las 12.10.03.png (35.76 KiB) Viewed 839 times

Dimitar Stanev

Re: Issue with the CMC tool

Post by Dimitar Stanev » Thu May 12, 2016 3:38 am

Hi,

Did you try using the newest version of MoBL?

https://simtk.org/projects/upexdyn/

Best

Hugo Nistal González

Post by Hugo Nistal González » Thu May 12, 2016 4:25 am

Yes, I am using the latest version. The problem is that the input file of the desired kinematics for the CMC tool is not the one they use in the tutorial, because it is one based on data I obtained in the lab. But I don't know why it doesn't work, because it's very similar to the one used in the tutorial. I have used the same markers, the only difference is the movement.
I thought the tasks and control constraints files of the tutorial would work good with my desired kinematics file as it is equal to the one in the tutorial except for the movement, but It seems as if have to change something in those files although I do not know what.

Cheers

Kristy Godoy

Post by Kristy Godoy » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:08 pm

Hello Hugo,
Did you manage to make it work?
I'm having the same problem with the CMC, I've been searching for information to understand what is wrong without luck.
I appreciate any updates.
Thank you.

Pablo Delgado

Post by Pablo Delgado » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:02 pm

kristy5gj wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:08 pm
Hello Hugo,
Did you manage to make it work?
I'm having the same problem with the CMC, I've been searching for information to understand what is wrong without luck.
I appreciate any updates.
Thank you.
Did you solve this problem? I am having the same issue while trying to use my experimental data to make work.