Getting really high values from Joint Reaction Analysis

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Hyeon Jeong

Getting really high values from Joint Reaction Analysis

Post by Hyeon Jeong » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:41 pm

Hello,

I am running joint reaction analysis using the muscle forces calculated from the CEINMS using the following model (https://simtk.org/projects/high-hip-flex) for squats. When I run it, I am getting really high values (between 10,000N - 20.000N) for the joint reaction load. I've encountered this problem before and I was able to figure it out somehow but I am having this issue again and I've been stuck for the last couple of days. I would appreciate if anyone can give me an advice on solving this issue!

Best,
Hyeon

Hazimah Mahmud

Re: Getting really high values from Joint Reaction Analysis

Post by Hazimah Mahmud » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:37 am

Hi,

Not sure if this applies to your problem but I fixed mine by changing the child frame of the JRF to the desired body instead of the default 'ground'.

Hazimah

Zakia Hussain

Re: Getting really high values from Joint Reaction Analysis

Post by Zakia Hussain » Mon May 01, 2023 5:40 pm

Hi everyone

I am having the same issue when calculating knee joint contact loads using CEINMS muscle forces as inputs.
Not sure if this applies to your problem but I fixed mine by changing the child frame of the JRF to the desired body instead of the default 'ground'.
I did try this. It did not make any significant difference to the results.

Any other suggestions regarding this issue will be highly appreciated.

Thank you

Regards
Zakia