Weekly Update in lieu of Recurring Meeting of Cleveland Clinic Core Team
Date: January 3, 2017
Provided by: Snehal Chokhandre
Ongoing Action Items:
- Review drafts of data manuscripts for submission.
- Complete studies for tissue testing reproducibility.
- Continue tissue testing of Open Knee(s) specimens.
- Continue segmentation of Open Knee(s) specimens.
- Data manuscripts.
- No progress.
- Tissue testing.
Snehal did additional repeatability tests for cartilage tensile testing in order to increase confidence in the procedure and results. Two tests were done with two hours between the tests. The behavior is practically repeatable. Results were updated on Specifications/ExperimentationTissueMechanics dashboard on tissue testing reproducibility (see summary file name: oks00TR2-FMC-MCuX-03-01_02-repeatability.pdf).
- Snehal will start cartilage testing for oks001. She plans to divide her time between completing testing of cartilage samples and troubleshooting for meniscus and ligament testing. Cartilage testing constitutes 18 of 30 planned tests for each specimen.
Snehal also did one repeatability test for a cartilage tensile sample that was previously successfully tested for repeatability. The results show that the sample was stiffer than previous three tests (error<8%). Snehal thinks that this behaviour might be due to freezing. Freezing-thawing the sample multiple times should therefore be minimized as much as possible. Results are updated on Specifications/ExperimentationTissueMechanics dashboard on tissue testing reproducibility (summary file name: oks00TR2-FMC-MCuX-02-01_04-repeatability.pdf).
- Snehal will get rectangular chamber and filter for confined compression testing of meniscus samples.
- No progress.
- None noted.